Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What to do?

I try to write as much as possible. It proves hard sometimes, especially when you feel that there's nothing to write about. There's this big, vast, beautiful world full of opportunity and circumstance and I can't find a damn thing to write about.  It's not that I've lost my passion, it's that I've lost my lust for literature. I've been reading less. I wonder if that has something to do with it. The last book I finished was The Most Beautiful Woman in Town by Charles Bukowski. I mean, it inspired me, sure. But what, should I just copy his writing style and crude stories? Maybe I should have a go at poems again. I feel like there's this false deadline... Maybe that's what I wish- that I had a deadline. Sure, I could pick up a job writing articles for the Savannah Times, but journalism hasn't always interested me.

What do I do? I like sketching and painting, but I'm no good. My boyfriend says that shouldn't stop me from doing it though. I guess sometimes you just have to sit  back and self reflect on what's important. Just creating, or making money through creating. A lot of people say that the first is the obvious answer, but it would be nice to have someone like something I wrote enough to actually pay me for it.

I've been considering picking up school again. Never a bad idea, but student loans scare me. I don't want $100,000 of debt following me around forever. I already know no one is going to be reading this blog. I guess practice writing and poem exercises are the way to go right now.

Maybe I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment